Our Orthopedic Transition Program was designed with you in mind and is endorsed by Orthopedist, Dr. Berkowitz of Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute
Orthopedic Transition Program
Our Orthopedic Transition program’s clinically proven orthopedic care pathways, coupled with our signature rehabilitation experience featuring the comforts and privacy of home, is an optimal option for your post-surgical rehabilitation.
With the ultimate goal of getting you home in a safe and efficient manner, this expedited program prepares you for the final step in transition. Depending on your medical condition and stability, the average estimated program stay is between 5-10 days.
Selection of your recovery plan and rehabilitation program is as important as selecting your surgeon and the best timing for your procedure. Our trained admission specialists take time to prepare you for post-surgical needs through a scheduled complimentary consultation where you have the opportunity to:
- Meet Our Benefits Specialists who will review your coverage plan and payment options
- Meet Our Rehabilitation Team who will provide an overview of your anticipated treatment plan and what you can expect in your recovery
- Meet Our Discharge Planning Specialist who will assist you with planning your discharge from day one of your stay
- Select and Reserve Your Private Orthopedic Suite in our quiet and dedicated orthopedic wing
Your surgical procedure has occurred. It is now the job of our trained professional team to assure a seamless and comfortable transition from the hospital while getting you started on your journey back home as quickly as possible. Depending on the time of your hospital discharge and arrival to The Jewish Home, you can expect a same day visit from our therapy team to make an initial post-surgical assessment.
Our orthopedic attending physician will also visit you within 24 hours of your admission. Your rehabilitation plan will quickly get moving with morning and afternoon multidisciplinary therapy sessions.
Enjoy the following comforts of home as you rest between therapy sessions:
- Private Suite with Comfortable Bedding, Hand Towels and Toiletries
- In-Room Shower
- Wireless Accommodations with iPad
- Select Menu offering multiple options for each daily meal